Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
After any water damage situation you experience, whether it was caused by an appliance leak, a broken pipe, or a torrential storm, your primary focus should always be safety first and foremost. If you experience any kind of water damage emergency, contact SERVPRO of Central Phoenix immediately to help the recovery process start quickly. While you're waiting for SERVPRO technicians to arrive, here are a few helpful tips to ensure you're safe during any water damage emergency:
- Is it safe to stay in the house? If you're not sure, it's best to leave the premises until help arrives.
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns, so step carefully.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy so be careful!
Always consider safety first when dealing with any disaster.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (602) 386-4268
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.